The CARBON COMPOUND by Luminox
Luminox uses an innovative carbon compound material – CARBONOX™ – for its ultra-lightweight watches, favored by elite professionals and outdoor enthusiasts alike.
With CARBONOX™, Luminox creates high-tech timepieces with a very rigid and hard finished watch case that takes ruggedness and durability to a whole new level. Luminox has a long history with CARBONOX™, using this material for its watch cases, and some bracelets, since 2006.
Today consumers are familiar with carbon in a variety of goods and equipment where it is used as a lightweight alternative to materials such as aluminium.
Carbon materials are regularly used in high tech industries such as construction, automotive racing and aerospace. CARBONOX™ was inspired by professionals around the world who choose carbon because of its perfect combination of strength and durability.
With CARBONOX™, Luminox has been at the forefront of applying this innovative material technology to watches for over 10 years.
Luminox uses CARBONOX™ to give its watches the rigidity and lightweight durability that consumers enjoy and that make Luminox timepieces “Essential Gear”.
CARBONOX™ is a trademark of Luminox.
CARBONOX™ consists of carbon powder in varying percentages depending on the watch model
- 6 times lighter than steel, 3 times lighter than titanium
- Rigid and durable
- Non-metallic, anti-allergenic, anti-magnetic
- Strong chemical resistance
- Very low thermal extension and low heat expansion, weatherproof
- Extremely comfortable to wear
- Shock and scratch resistant
- Does not get hot in warm temperatures or cold in extreme cold climates
- CARBONOX™ provides Luminox watches with a black matte finish favored by Spec Ops
CARBONOX+™ is a high performance carbon long bar compound, in which carbon fibers account for 40% of the compound.
In addition to the many consumer benefits already provid-ed by CARBONOX™, CARBONOX+™ also delivers:
- Ultra-strong watch case, thanks to the rigidity of the carbon fibers
- Tensile strength of CARBONOX+™ is twice as high as with CARBONOX™, while water absorption is 3 times lower
- CARBONOX+™ imparts a very modern and distinctive gray color to the Luminox watches
- Carbon fibers pattern is visible on the watch case, making it an even more appealing timepiece